The International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA) is looking for talented and motivated volunteer writers, reporters and investigative journalists interested in topics related to landscape architecture and design, sustainability and environmental challenges. Stories completed by the due date will be mainly published on web based media with opportunities to be published as well in newspapers, magazines, and newsletters.
Candidates must have high proficient writing and editing skills in English, web-based media knowledge and experience (e.g. wordpress), strong interviewing skills and knowledge on MS Office or similar. Media contacts are a plus.
Topics of interest
We’re interested in exposes, news articles, interviews, and investigative reports concerning landscape architecture such as:
1. landscape, history, culture and identity
2. eco-cities and sustainable design solution
4. contemporary trends and innovative technologies
5. design for everyone performance and mobility
6. multi-diversity, ethnicity and design
7. social learning and community engagement
8. new research and methodologies
9. healthy cities and healthy lives
10. land art and temporary landscapes
11. environment and behaviour
12. regional planning, infrastructures
13. international initiatives
14. review of landscape projects
15. victories, successes and inspirational stories
How to apply:
If you think you might be a good candidate for this role, send an email to email@example.com containing the following as a single file (PDF or DOC):
1. Short CV with your qualifications and experience (max of 2 pages)
2. Motivation letter about why you want to write/work with us (max 1 page)
3. One writing sample (max 1 page) and/or a link to a blog or website if you have one
See the attached pamphlet for more details.