THE 6TH LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE EXHIBITION from 4th June to 5th of July 2015 at the Gallery of the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts, Đure Jakšića street 2, Belgrade, Serbia.
1 INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXIBITION – 1st Announcement
1.1 The content of the exhibition
- Landscape architectural design – Implemented – (parks, open sports and recreation centres and areas, pedestrian areas, squares and plazas, cultural heritage objects, open space of public and dwelling areas, green belts, cemeteries, botanical and zoo parks, roof gardens, residential gardens, objects of the park and garden architecture, design of landscape structures, interior landscape design, land art projects, etc.);
- Landscape architectural design– Non Implemented;
- Plans of all categories (spatial, landscape, master and plans of detailed regulations), related to the landscape architecture or integral parts of plans which referring to landscape architecture (environment protection, land reclamation, cultural landscapes, recreation and tourist areas, green infrastructure, etc…);
- Studies and research in the field of landscape architecture;
- Publications (books, guides, journals. etc.) from the field of landscape architecture;
- Photography, video and multimedia contributions from the field of landscape architecture;
- Competition work from the field of landscape architecture;
- Student projects from the field of landscape architecture (from all relevant areas: plans, design, research papers and projects, work from student competitions. Students applying with the projects done within the scope of the teaching process – studio projects, need to present mentor recommendation).
1.2 Possible participants
- Professionals (individuals, groups or offices) engaged in the field of landscape architecture;
- Students (individuals or groups from faculties dealing with landscape architectural topics).
All contributions of the mentioned categories which have been proposed or realised during the last three calendar years (2012 to 2015) can be submitted for the Exhibition, under the condition that they were not presented on the previous Landscape Architecture Exhibitions organised by SALA.
Material should be submitted until 25th of April 2015. Material can be submitted electronically on email@example.com, via public cloud (to be announced on the second invitation), or by sending the CD. In case of CD delivery, please use the following postal address:
JP Srbijasume – Andjelka Jevtovic
Kneza Miloša street 55
11000 Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
with remark: Application for the 6th Landscape Architecture Exhibition
* Publications should be submitted in original on the given address. Photography, video or multimedia contribution could be submitted electronically.
Application should include
1. Filled application form (attached and to be found on SALA web site)
2. Material for the Exhibition catalogue
- Abstract – short description of the work (up to 500 words, in Word file, Ariel, 10pt)
- Illustration for the catalogue – digital photos, computer or scanned drawings in JPG or TIFF format, dimensions 10 x 10 cm, resolution 300 dpi.
3. Material for the Exhibition
- Posters (plans, projects, studies and researches)
Posters will be printed by SALA. Author(s) ought to prepare posters in dimension of 50x70cm (or 70x50cm) and submit them in PDF or JPG format, with the maximum size per file of 20 Mb. Up to two posters for one project can be submitted, with the marked order (1 and 2 in the down, right corner). Each poster should include author names;
- Publications will be exhibited in the original. If the research work is published, please submit the publication as well;
- Video contribution should be submitted in AVI or MPEG format. Maximum runtime is limited to 10 minutes.
- Shipping costs should be covered by author(s)
- In case when author sends the application on CD, it should be labelled with project title and author(s) names
- In case that one author submit more than one work, each should be separate application
- Initial application is free of charge
- The material will not be returned to the authors
1.5 Selection of projects for the exhibition
- The landscape exhibition uses two steps evaluation. The 6th Landscape Architecture Exhibition Selection Committee will select the projects which will be presented at the Exhibition, according to the quality of work and number of applications. Please note that the works which do not refer to the Exhibition propositions or the works which are not of sufficient quality compared with the chosen ones will not be selected;
- The Selection Committee will inform candidates whose works are chosen to be exhibited, via e-mail or phone until 30th of April 2015. Selected projects will be published in the Exhibition catalogue and presented at the Exhibition.
1.6 Exhibition fee for the selected projects:
The exhibitioners whose projects are selected for the Exhibition and whose works will be printed in the Exhibition catalogue) should cover the exhibition fee in the following amount:
- Students – 30 Euros for each project
- Professionals – 90 Euros for each project
The costs of poster and catalogue printing are included in the stated fee.
All the participants whose projects are chosen by the Selection committee for the Exhibition and who cover the exhibition fee will receive the Catalogue of the 6th Landscape Architecture Exhibition.
The exhibition fee should be paid on the account of the Serbian Association of Landscape Architects. Transfer instructions are as following:
Intermediary Bank / Correspondent Bank
SWIFT – BIC: DEUTDEFF
Name: DEUTSCHE BANK AG
City, Country: FRANKFURT AM MAIN, GERMANY
Account with institution / Beneficiary’s Bank
SWIFT – BIC: KOBBRSBG
Name: KOMERCIJALNA BANKA AD BEOGRAD
IBAN/ Account Number: RS35205007080002933111
with the purpose of paying “Participation fee for the 6th Landscape Architects Exhibition 2015”.
PRIZES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS OF THE EXHIBITION
The Jury of the 6th Landscape Architecture Exhibition may give the following acknowledgements:
GRAND PRIX (this acknowledgement is given to the project which is of outstanding quality, within the following categories: Landscape architectural design (Implemented), Plans of all categories and Studies and research).
Acknowledgements according to the categories:
- Acknowledgements in the category of LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN – IMPLEMENTED
- Acknowledgements in the category of LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN– NON IMPLEMENTED
- Acknowledgements in the category of PLANS OF ALL CATEGORIES
- Acknowledgements in the category of STUDIES AND RESEARCH
- Acknowledgements in the category of PUBLICATIONS
- Acknowledgements in the category of PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO AND MULTIMEDIA CONTRIBUTIONS
- Acknowledgements in the category of COMPETITION WORK
- Acknowledgements in the category of STUDENT PROJECTS
The Jury may award the Special Acknowledgements of the Exhibition to the project or projects which are standing out according to some qualities.
The Jury has the right to deny the grand prix or any of the acknowledgements if there is opinion that contributions are not satisfying quality criteria of any of the mentioned categories. In addition, the Jury may allocate more than one prize in the mentioned categories, as well as to agree on the special prize of the Commission.
ACCOMPANIED EVENTS OF THE EXHIBITION
During the Lectures, visiting exhibitions as well as other activities, are planned during the Exhibition. Further information will be given in the next announcement.
DATES – resume
|Application deadline||Until 25 April 2015|
|Work of the Selection Committee and acceptance note||Until 30 April 2015|
|Acceptance note from the Selection Committee||30 April 2015|
|Exhibition fee payment deadline||Until 15 May, 2015|
|Work of the Exhibition Jury||Until 20 May, 2015|
|Report of the Exhibition Jury||20 May 2015|
|Opening of the Exhibition for the visitors||4 June 2015|
|Grand opening with the awards ceremony||5 June 2015|
|Closing of the Exhibition||7 July 2015|
For all additional information please be free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the news on the SALA website: www.upa.org.rs
Looking forward to see you at the 6th Landscape Architecture Exhibition in Belgrade.