I TE TIMATANGA: AT THE SOURCE
Indigenous Design Conference
26-29 February 2016
Whakapara, Te Tai Tokerau, Aotearoa New Zealand
Calling all indigenous architects, landscape architects, urban designers, design thinkers and public art practitioners. Ngā Aho, Māori Design Professionals network, invites you to join us in Aotearoa. I Te Timatanga is a multidisciplinary indigenous design conference, for any indigenous person who helps to shape the public realm. Discuss and share stories, learnings and successes of our creative indigenous communities.
Call for Speakers:
The organising committee is now calling for proposals in the form of abstracts for presentations and workshops. Conference strands include but are not limited to the following:
- Mauri Tū / Connect-Create-Innovate – Connect, re-energize, re-focus with kindred indigenous designers. Share ideas, stories, strategies, opportunities and experiences.
- Whanaungatanga / Togetherness – Exploring our indigenous connections and sharing our strategies and successes. Indigenous design connected by shared purpose.
- Kaitiakitanga / Guardianship – Deepening our understanding of the role of indigenous designers as kaitiaki (guardians) of the public realm, enabling us to see our faces in our places.
Please provide the following:
- A title – no more than 10 words long
- Description – no more than 40 words. This will appear in the Conference Progamme.
- Abstract – no more than 250 words.
- Biography – no more than 100 words. This will appear on the conference website.
- Photograph – a head and shoulders shot of you at your best! This will appear on the conference website.
Call for Abstracts opens: 18 November 2015
Submissions of Abstracts close: 9 December 2015
Notification of Acceptance: 18 December 2015
Journal Publication Option:
Ngā Aho has partnered with Landscape Foundation to offer publication of papers associated with I Te Timatanga Indigenous Design Conference 2016. Double blind peer review is available for academic purposes. If you are interested in submitting for the Journal please indicate with your submission.
To make a submission:
Please email your submission to Jade Kake