Several international experts gather in Barcelona to discuss the need for performative landscapes
Nine projects from all over the world compete for the International Landscape Architecture ‘Rosa Barba’ Prize
- • The 10th International Landscape Biennial, organized by the Catalan Architects Association and the UPC University, will take place in Barcelona from 26th to 29th September.
- • The Biennial’saim is to debate and deepen into the intervention in the landscape, both from the architectural perspective as well as from other disciplines.
- • This year’s slogan, “Performative nature”, emphasizesthe need to createlandscapes which face today’s threats,playing ecological, social and political roles at the same time.
- • An action of guerrilla gardening in Plaça Nova will be the starting point of the event.
- • The International Landscape Architecture ‘Rosa Barba’ Prize will be awarded to the best project or landscape plan designed duringthe last five years.