Dr. Maja Todorovic Izquierdo was born in Belgrade, Serbia, of Peruvian and Serbian origin. She is a landscape architect, architect and urban designer who is currently working as an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Arts and Design in Belgrade. She grew up among the myths and legends of the Peruvian Amazonian shamans and old Slavic legend and fairy tales which had an immense influence on what is she today. Maja is an active practitioner of Shamanism in the mix with her personal methods making a bridge between ancient Peruvian amazonian teachings and contemporary counselling practices, with highlights on spiritual, psychological, ethical and physical health.
Maja is an author and co-author of several peer review papers and one script book. She is currently working on her new book which will be treating questions of mysticism in garden design. Maja has realized more than 70 projects in the field of Landscape and Urban design. Her volunteer experience includes:
• Architect helper in “Architects Without Borders”, Spain
• Responsible for ecology section in NGO “Water for all” (projects concerned the state of Danube & Sava rivers, and the relation of local ecological situation with global trends)
• Four years collaborating with NGO Comparte (Argentina) – help through educational system, clothes etc
• IFLA AMERICA, Exhibition jury, Regional congress in Bolivia.
• IFLA AMERICA, scientific committee on Regional congress in Panama.
• IFLA Europe project leader on Members’ database IFLA Europe project;