The Union of Landscape Architects of Bulgaria (ULAB) joins the global initiative “THE GREEN CITY”. Together with the Bulgarian Association of Ornamental Plants Nurseries (BAOPN) in partnership with iVerde Foundation (Netherlands) and the Netherlands Embassy in Sofia, we founded “THE GREEN CITY – BULGARIA. The platform is focused on sharing scientific and technical knowledge and practices concerning the use of vegetation and trees in urban environment; encouraging environmentally-friendly behavio
Book launch 4th edition Landscape Architecture Europe
New book on European landscape architecture: 44 projects selected On May 9 2015 the 4th edition in the Landscape Architecture Europe book series will be presented in Budapest. As the previous books this book too aspires to be the critical review of the state of the art of European landscape architecture. It observes current world views and corresponding design approaches in European landscape architecture. The book launch takes place at FUGA
Following the success of the Landscape Odyssey 2010 posters exhibition series in Hungary, we intend to collect the best landscape projects between 2010-2015 and hereby we’re inviting you to join our initiative.
Landscape Odyssey 2010 included high quality landscape architectural projects from Hungary, while introduced them country-wide in a frame of an exhibition series and disseminated this collection as a catalogue over Central Europe. The exhibition visited Budapest, Debrecen, Miskolc, Békésc
In every April since 2011, Hungary celebrates its accomplished landscape architecture professionals with the Prize of Landscape Architect of the Year. On an evening close to the day when Frederic Law Olmsted was born, the Landscape Architect and the Junior Landscape Architect of the Year is named year-to-year.
The Prize has been founded by Hungarian Association of Landscape Architects alongside with the Landscape Architectural Department of Chamber of Hungarian Architects and the Semmelrock Stei
THE 6TH LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE EXHIBITION
From 4th of June – 4th of July 2015
at the Gallery of the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts, Đure Jakšića street No. 2,
1 INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXIBITION – 2nd Announcement
The content of the exhibition
- Landscape architectural design – Implemented – (parks, open sports and recreation centres and areas, pedestrian areas, squares and plazas, cultural heritage objects, open space of
SALA General Assembly (TBC)
Conference: Contemporary landscape architecture – trends, technologies and practice. 9th edition.
20 anniversary of Landscape Architecture in Slovenia exhibition in Nova Gorica
Place Umeå Sweden
Event: Seminar on Swedish landscape Architecture. The annual seminar travels around different regions in Sweden. It highlights what is happening in that specific area and provides a meeting place for local professionals.
A Landscape for You
(Poland-Czech Rep.-Slovakia-Hungary): New Visegrad project (title not specified yet)
Seminar “IFLA Europe – 25 caring for landscape & 10 Years Union of landscape architects in Bulgaria”:
- EU regulations for Landscape architecture
- Landscape architecture in the context of New EU Strategy “Green Infrastructure”
Venue: Sofia, Bulgaria
Workshop with Chris Beardshaw (UK)
VIII International Conference: Restoration, reconstruction and development of cultural, industrial and natural landscapes. St. Petersburg.
Architectural Festival (exhibitions and conferences about architecture and landscape architecture) – Torino
Yacht & Gardens Fair AIAPP pavillon – Genova
International Book Fair AIAPP pavillion (exhibitions, meetings, reading, conferences, lectures, about landscape architecture) – Torino
Photography competition exhibition in Tolmin
Open-air conference/debate at TAPADA DAS NECESSIDADES – a large wooded park in Lisbon, with a palace ( foreign affairs ministry) and several buildings ( one of this buildings is under negotiation with Lisbon municipality to become a shared office of APAP, National Association of Historic Gardens and National Association of Ancient Homes).
The Conference/Debate THEME will be: THREE MAIN WORLDS OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE ACTIVITY – ACADEMY, MUNICIPALITIES AND PRIVATE OFFICES – potentialities, pro
Open Garden and Landscape: (curious and unknown gardens and landscape discovered and open to the public simultaneously in all the AIAPP Territorial Regions, initiative to celebrate April IFLA Month of Landscape)
- Piemonte: Views of landscape from the train – the Torino-Ceres line, rediscover the Lanzo valleys
Visit of the wineries Cantina Cordero di La Morra / Cantina Ceretto nelle vigne del Barolo / Fornace Carena
- Liguria: visit of the Cinque Terre (park, manufacturing companies, wineries)
Mesec krajinske arhitekture or the Month of Landscape Architecture
- an excursion to the city of Celje presumably on the 12th of April,
- a workshop on the topic of the problem of quality restoration of cultural heritage (guidelines, planning, control),
- a lecture on the topic of activities and endangerment of Krajinski park Sečoveljske soline,
- two or three other lectures of our members, of which specifics are not yet defined,
- other activities that have yet to be determined.
Landscape Architecture Month
- Regional Meeting of Landscape Architects – April 2014 (TBC, Initiative);
- Participation on the Horticulture Fair (April 2014, Discussions and lectures);
- Working visit of the past EFLA President, Fritz Auweck, April? 2014, TBC);
Spring Ball & Cocktail “10 Years Union of landscape architects in Bulgaria & World Landscape Architecture Month & IFLA EU Silver Jubilee”